Nourish & Glow
What are we obsessed with at the moment? Nourish and Glow by Amy Jolley is what.
The Nourish and Glow blog is dedicated to healthy recipes, without compromising on taste!
“nourish our bodies with the foods it was designed to eat. It is by doing this that we are able to glow from the inside out. X”
Amy has some seriously amazing raw desserts that have become so popular amongst our friends we get the fun task of making them for every occasion that could be an excuse to make them. They are guilt free so what could be better? My personal favourite is the Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Cheescake find below:
Sometimes you just need a big hit of chocolate! This raw cheesecake is really easy to make + so delicious. I love that the raspberries are blended with the chocolate filling, it gives it a lovely sweetness. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond meal
- pinch of sea salt
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid state)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup 70% – 80% dark chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 handful of raspberries, to top
- Soak your cashews in water for thirty minutes to an hour to soften
- For the crust: Place all of your crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until they come together. You want the mixture to easily combine when you press it down. Put the mixture into a 6-inch lined springform pan. Press the mixture down into the bottom of the pan evenly, forming your crust layer. Pop in the freezer
- For the cheesecake layer: Drain your cashews and rinse well. Put the cashews into your food processor with maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut milk. Mix for a few minutes until it’s nice and creamy
- Then add in the raw cacao powder, coconut oil and raspberries. Blend again until creamy (I popped the raspberries in the microwave to soften them before adding them to the mixture)
- Taste the mixture and adjust to your liking, you may want to add a few more raspberries to sweeten it or cacao to give it a bigger chocolate hit
- Pour your filling over the crust. If you’re not making the ganache layer, pour raspberries over the top of the cheesecake so they set into the filling. Put into the freezer to chill for 2-3 hours or until set
- For the ganache: Melt your chocolate and coconut oil and whisk together. Pour layer of ganache over the top of your cheesecake. Top with raspberries
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Make sure you cut it into slices after a few hours of being in the freezer, it will be easier then doing it the next day
The Lil and Emm lifestyle blog is all about celebrating and promoting a lifestyle full off fashion, beauty, love and health. The blog is a collection of all our favorite things that enrich our life. We hope they enrich yours as well.
Lil & Emm